Membership and Development Coordinator
Position: Membership and Development Coordinator
Status: Regular full-time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Morven Park, Loudoun County’s 1,000-acre backyard, is where our visitors know they can find their “happy place.” Our magnificent historic estate offers guided tours, educational programs, and picturesque grounds, while our world-class equestrian center hosts highly popular competitions, schooling opportunities, and community events.
The Membership and Development Coordinator will lead the effort for new member acquisition, uphold member retention, and ensure the success of unrestricted gifts to the Park’s annual fund. This position will work with the Development Team to ensure excellent stewardship for members and annual fund donors.
The Coordinator will manage a comprehensive membership program and assist the Director of Development with the Annual Fund program to achieve the Park’s financial and membership goals and ensure that the Park’s obligations to its members and donors are fulfilled. The Membership and Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
The ideal candidate will have a background in museum memberships and/or annual fund programs and a passion for analyzing data. The Membership and Development Coordinator will be confident and ready to promote the Park’s mission to prospective members and donors at all events and through direct mail and e-solicitations and connect with our visitors from the local community and around the world who come to:
Play. Learn. Discover.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in museum membership and/or annual fund programs.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team members within and across departments.
- Positive, creative approach to problem solving, new tasks, and collaborative projects.
- Detail-minded, energetic self-starter and willing to enthusiastically promote Morven Park’s mission and programs.
- Enthusiasm and desire to make an impact on a mission-driven team.
- Microsoft Office skills required, DonorView experience a plus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to comfortably stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit, and must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Due to many of Morven Park’s events being located outdoors, must be comfortable being exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees including extreme temperatures.
Morven Park offers competitive wages based on experience, with benefits for full-time employees including:
- Fully paid employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision, and life/disability)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid time off and flexible work schedules
- Observance of federal holidays
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plan with company match
- Qualifying employment for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic or category protected under applicable federal or state law. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All employment decisions at the Foundation are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.