Morven Park's Winmill Carriage Museum is ready to welcome back visitors!
The museum will re-open Saturday, July 18th and will be open every Saturday through August 29th.
Museum hours will be noon - 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are sold for the hour: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm. The museum closes at 5pm. You will only be allowed in the museum during your ticketed hour.
Tickets are $5 for adults and children 2 and under are FREE!
You MUST PURCHASE tickets ONLINE and IN ADVANCE in order to visit the Winmill Carriage Museum.
The museum features a unique collection of horse-drawn vehicles donated by carriage driving enthusiast, Viola Winmill. The forty antique coaches, carriages, sleds and carts range from utilitarian to regal. Of particular interest are the miniature road coach designed for General Tom Thumb of the Barnum & Bailey Circus and the elegant calèche loaned for the use of Grace Kelly in the movie “The Swan.”
We suggest making a day trip to the Park to include strolling through the Park's gardens or hiking a Park trail, a picnic lunch on the expansive Davis Mansion lawn, and including your self-guided tour of the Winmill Carriage Museum.
To enter the Carriage Museum you MUST purchase tickets ONLINE and IN ADVANCE:
Step 1: Select the date and time you would like to visit. To view other available dates visit MorvenPark.org/Calendar.
Step 2: Purchase a ticket for EVERYONE in your party. Tickets are $5; children 2 and under are FREE and do not require a ticket.
Step 4: Prior to your visit, review the "COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines" (included below and on the purchase receipt).
All visitors MUST adhere to Morven Park’s COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines:
· Everyone visiting the Winmill Carriage Museum MUST wear a mask while inside the building. Children 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
· Everyone will be required to maintain social distancing of 10 or more feet from other people/groups. People in the same household do not need to social distance from each other.
· All children must remain with their parent or guardian while in the museum; no running around or unattended children will be allowed.
· Plan to arrive no later than 20 minutes past your assigned hour to insure you have enough time within the museum. The museum will close at 10 minutes to the next hour for cleaning.
· To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 staff will be cleaning restrooms and high touch areas (door handles, visitor desk) hourly and after closing. Hand sanitizer will be available for visitor use.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon entering Morven Park and/or Park buildings, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.
Please DO NOT VISIT Morven Park or the Winmill Carriage Museum if you or anyone in your household:
· Has tested positive or has been presumed positive for COVID-19 at any time during the past 14 days.
· Has been advised by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine at any time during the past 14 days.
· Has been in close physical contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been presumed positive for COVID-19, during the past 14 days.
· Is subject to a quarantine order or a recommendation of a healthcare professional that, in either case, would make it inadvisable to attend a public event or competition.
· Has, within the past 24 hours, exhibited any of the following symptoms: fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, shortness of breath.
Allow plenty of time to park and get your group to the Carriage Museum. The Visitor Lot, the Park’s main parking lot, is located at the entrance to the formal gardens. The walk from the Visitor Lot to the Winmill Carriage Museum is just under a mile and includes a combination of gravel and paved terrain with steep inclines and declines. If you have accessibility questions or need information on handicapped parking options, please email GroupTours@MorvenPark.org.
Group of 10 or more? SCHEDULE A GROUP TOUR: GroupTours@MorvenPark.org
Questions? Call 703.777.2414 ext.6620