Morven Park’s policy is to extend every consideration to individuals and organizations that would like to photograph or film Morven Park, its grounds, exterior buildings, and equestrian events. However, all photography at the Park requires a permit. Groups and individuals taking staged photos without a permit will be asked to leave the grounds. This pertains to all photography, not just professional or paid photo shoots.The Park is a very popular location for photography and the permit process allows us to track the groups/individuals that will be on site and ensures that all photography groups have an enjoyable experience.
For all photography matters, contact the Morven Park Marketing Office at Marketing@morvenpark.org or 703-777-2414 x6618.
The guidelines listed below have been instituted to ensure that Morven Park’s image is preserved and accurately represented. By entering the Morven Park property, you agree to these terms. Morven Park reserves the right to refuse requests for photography, film or video.
- All photography sessions/shoots MUST HAVE A PERMIT. Groups and individuals taking staged photos without a permit will be asked to leave the grounds.
- All photography must be scheduled in advance and approved by the Morven Park Marketing Office. Contact Marketing@morvenpark.org or call 703-777-2414 x6618 at least 2 business days in advance to schedule your photo shoot.
- All posed, group sessions, or staged photo shoots that take place on Morven Park grounds must be scheduled in advance. All photographers must contact the Morven Park Marketing office in order to gain access to the Park.
- Unscheduled and unregistered photographers will be asked to leave the premises. Photography is allowed BY PERMIT ONLY and permits are $100/hour.
- Interested photographers may become a Morven Park Preferred Photography Vendor to obtain an annual permit .
- QUESTIONS? Contact Marketing@morvenpark.org or call 703-777-2414 x6618.
Morven Park does not allow its name or any images of the Morven Park Mansion, museums, grounds, or Equestrian Center to be used for commercial purpose, commercial gain, or to promote a product, or service without prior written consent. Those who would like to use photographs of Morven Park for these purposes must submit their request in writing two weeks prior to the requested date. Morven Park maintains a library of stock photographs which may be used with the following photo credit: “Photo courtesy of Morven Park.” For more information, please email Marketing@MorvenPark.org.
Film & Video Projects
Morven Park will consider film and video proposals on a case-by-case basis. Fees for these projects are calculated based on end-use of the product, time involved, locations required, and staffing needs. Please contact the Events Office by calling 703-777-2414 x6615 or emailing Events@MorvenPark.org to arrange a site visit.
We encourage visitors to take photographs with their camera phones and for their personal use. However, visitors may not take pictures inside the residence or museums. No photographs, videos, CDs, multimedia, or images of any kind are to be used for commercial use without the express written consent of the Morven Park Administration office.
Photographers and members of their respective crews must take responsibility for their own equipment and persons being photographed. Morven Park is not responsible for any damage or theft of equipment while on property. The individual/organization filming or photographing will hold Morven Park harmless against any claims, injuries, or expenses that result from their work on the property. The Morven Park Administration Office reserves the right to request insurance coverage for any commercial photography or film shoot.
QUESTIONS? Contact the Morven Park Marketing Office at Marketing@MorvenPark.org or 703-777-2414 x6618.