Youth Leadership Retreat Application - 2019
Apply to the Morven Park Youth Leadership Retreat to build and strengthen your leadership skills during a fun three-day program. You will meet other middle school leaders from the region, build your leadership toolbox, and develop skills to make your community a better place.
Who can apply? Current 6th and 7th graders (Current 8th graders may apply for our High School Institute at https://lfportal.loudoun.gov/Forms/prcsmorvenpark).
When: July 16-18, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day
Where: The Winmill Carriage Museum at Morven Park
17195 Southern Planter Lane, Leesburg, VA 20176
Cost: Free, but you must apply to attend and place a security deposit of $43. Students may apply for a waiver of all or part of the deposit fee by submitting a Hardship Waiver Application and appropriate documentation. The application may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Applications must be timestamped or postmarked no later than May 19, 2019.
Acceptance: Notifications of acceptance will be provided no later than May 31, 2019.
What to expect:
- Three days of intensive and fun leadership training
- Opportunities to meet other young leaders and make connections
- Hands-on activities led by facilitators from the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact
What will participants get out of the Youth Leadership Retreat?
- Valuable leadership skills that can be used to create real change
- Connections with peers and local leaders to help you make an impact
- Confidence that your voice matters
- Experience examining challenging issues facing our world
- Practice working with others to plan and implement a leadership plan of action
- Opportunities to build your own leadership style and vision
2019 Youth Leadership Retreat Application -- INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
The application is entirely online.
There is no way to save your application or your answers, so you should complete the application in one sitting and submit. **We highly suggest typing your answers into a WORD document and copying and pasting your answers into the online application form.**
When you hit the "submit application" button you will be asked to pay the $43 deposit and will not be able to continue if you do not enter credit card information.
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes to your answers.
After you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
If you have any questions, please email Education@MorvenPark.org or call 703.777.2414 extension 6617.