JUST ANNOUNCED! Morven Park’s Center for Civic Impact Youth Leadership Retreat will be held online August 4-6, 2020 and the security deposit has been waived for all applicants.
- Due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the inability to predict when group activities will be permitted in Loudoun County, we have decided to offer the 2020 Youth Leadership Retreat online! The new online format will still allow Loudoun County middle schoolers to strengthen their leadership skills, make online connections with peers, and examine challenging issues facing our world.
- The Youth Leadership Retreat will be offered via a secure digital platform. Access to reliable internet will be needed in order to successfully complete the program.
- Interested students still need to complete the application (available below) by June 15th. Acceptance announcements will be emailed on June 26th.
- The application fee is waived for all 2020 applicants.
- Morven Park staff is closely monitoring the spread and effects of COVID-19 and is committed to ensuring the safety and health of of all program participants. The Park is actively complying with all health requirements made by federal, state, and local governments, especially the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and Loudoun County Health Department.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email Education@MorvenPark.org.
Youth Leadership Retreat Application - 2020
Apply to Morven Park’s Center for Civic Impact Youth Leadership Retreat and spend three days developing your leadership skills to help create real change in your community.
Who can apply? Current 6th and 7th graders (8th graders may apply for the High School Institute).
When: August 4-6, 2020, times will be announced closer to the program dates.
Where: Virtually, a digital device and access to reliable internet is necessary.
Application deadline: Application must be time stamped by Monday, June 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Acceptance: Notifications of acceptance will be provided by Friday, June 26, 2020
What to expect:
- Three days of intensive and fun leadership training
- Opportunities to meet other young leaders and make connections
- Activities led by facilitators from the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact
What will participants get out of the Youth Leadership Retreat?
- Valuable leadership skills that can be used to create real change
- Connections with peers and local leaders to help you make an impact
- Confidence that your voice matters
- Experience examining challenging issues facing our world
- Practice working with others to plan and implement a leadership plan of action
- Opportunities to build your own leadership style and vision
Frequently asked questions:
What is the dress code? Casual – Even though the program will be held virtually, please follow the LCPS dress code.
Can I tell my friends to apply? Yes! Please spread the word about the Youth Leadership Retreat.
Who do I contact with questions? Email Education@MorvenPark.org