Are you a current 6th or 7th grade student who wants to make a difference? Apply to Morven Park’s Center for Civic Impact Youth Leadership Retreat and spend three virtual days developing your leadership skills to help create real change in your community.
Who can apply? Current 6th and 7th graders (8th graders may apply for the High School Institute)
When: August 4–6, 2021 (Wednesday-Friday) and is approximately 2 hours each day.
Application deadline: Applications must be timestamped by Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Acceptance: Notifications of acceptance will be provided by Friday, May 28, 2021.
What to expect:
- Three days of fun leadership skill building.
- Opportunities to meet other young leaders and make connections.
- Interactive and engaging virtual activities led by the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact.
What will participants get out of the Youth Leadership Retreat?
- Confidence that your voice matters
- Experience examining challenging issues
- Develop skills to create change
- Connections with peers and local leaders
- Practice working with others to plan and implement an action plan
- Opportunities to build your own leadership style and vision
Frequently asked questions:
- What platform do you use? We use Zoom and follow specific practices to keep everyone safe.
- What is the dress code? The dress code is casual, but please follow the LCPS dress code policies.
- Can I tell my friends to apply? Yes! Please spread the word about the Youth Leadership Retreat.
- Who do I contact with questions? Email Education@MorvenPark.org