*Thank you for your interest in Morven Park's Center for Civic Impact Youth Leadership Retreat: The application period is now CLOSED*
Are you a current 6th or 7th grade student who wants to make a difference? Apply to the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact Youth Leadership Retreat and spend three days developing your leadership skills to help create real change in your community.
Who can apply? Current 6th and 7th graders.
When and Where: July 12–14, 2023 at the Cascades Library in Sterling (WAITLIST ONLY), July 19 - 21, at Morven Park (WAITLIST ONLY)
Waitlisted students will be informed about any potential open spots by Wednesday, July 5th. If you wish to be removed from the waitlist, you can let us know any time before that date.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day
Application deadline: Sunday, May 14 by 11:59 p.m.
What to expect:
• Three days of interactive and fun leadership training
• Opportunities to meet other young leaders and make connections
• Skill-building activities led by facilitators from the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact and Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services
What will participants get out of the Youth Leadership Retreat?
• Confidence that your voice matters
• Valuable leadership skills to help create real change
• Connections with peers and local leaders
• Practice working with others to plan and implement ideas
• Opportunities to build your own leadership style and vision