This two-and-a-half-story structure was built sometime between 1820 and 1860. It is of stone construction and was originally covered in a lime stucco. An underground pipe running from the spring house (located behind the building) provides a continuous supply of cool spring water to a series of troughs located on the lowest level. Blocked doors, window alterations, and the addition of a brick chimney indicate that the building's function changed over the years. The name "Laundry/Dairy Building" was used by Westmoreland and Marguerite Davis during the first half of the 20th century and seems to indicate two separate uses for the building during that time period—a place to do laundry and a place to keep dairy products cool. The wide eaves of the roof keep the building shaded, supporting the idea that the ground level was used to store dairy products produced by Governor Davis’s cattle. Archaeological and architectural investigations and archival research are underway to learn more about this building.