Notice to Park Guests:
Morven Park will be CLOSED to the public on Saturday, November 14th and Sunday, November 15th. Thank you for your understanding!
Looking for Morven Park WINTER Horse Trials info? CLICK HERE or visit MorvenPark.org/HorseTrials
Welcome to Morven Park
Morven Park is a 1,000-acre historic estate in Leesburg, Virginia. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, Morven Park relies on your donations to keep our gates open to the public year-round.
Morven Park's gardens and grounds are OPEN!
Morven Park is open to guests from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on weekends.
The Winmill Carriage Museum is now open on Saturdays from noon to 5:00 p.m. (pre-purchased tickets required and can be purchased at MorvenPark.org/Calendar)
Please note, all Park buildings, museums, and restrooms remain closed.
Help us keep Morven Park safe! Please keep the safety and well-being of our visitors and staff in mind as you visit the Park grounds.
- Pursuant to Executive Order 63, DO NOT visit the Park if you have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
- Face coverings help protect Park visitors staff and help to protect you too! The Virginia Department of Health recommends wearing a face covering and social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- In accordance with current CDC recommendations, please limit the size of your group to 10 people or fewer.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to follow social distancing guidelines by keeping a distance of 6 feet or more between you and other guests. Please DO NOT gather in groups.
- All restrooms and buildings are closed. Please avoid common areas and refrain from touching doorknobs, kiosks, etc.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Plan to bring hand sanitizer for everyone in your party to utilize.
- Please use trash receptacles, so that staff does not have to come in contact with contaminated items that are not discarded properly. DO NOT LITTER!
- If you have questions or feedback, please email Marketing@MorvenPark.org.
Morven Park is not a county or state funded Park with the same safety net and support system as other facilities. We need your support now more than ever to weather this storm. Morven Park is a nonprofit that relies on donations to remain open. Make a donation that will make a difference at MorvenPark.org/DonateNow.
Consider following Morven Park on Facebook for updates on our closure and event cancellations.
NOTICE TO VISITORS: Dogs are always welcome at Morven Park, but we strictly enforce leash laws. Please do not allow your dog to run free anywhere on Morven Park's property. Dogs must be on a leash at all times and we ask that you clean up after your pet while on Park grounds.
During your visit, photos and/or video of you may be taken for use in Morven Park marketing materials and/or distribution to media outlets for promotion. When you visit, you thereby irrevocably grant Morven Park, the photographer (his/her affiliates), licensees, agents and assigns, the unrestricted right to use your likeness (or the likeness of any minor in your care) in photographs and video, and to distribute such photographs and video for editorial, trade, advertising or other purposes in any manner or medium, whether now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity.
Blogs & Latest News
Find/Use Your Voice. Research Current Issues. Take Responsibility. Make an Impact. These are the four core values of the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact. Voting is one way to practice all four civic values at once!
While national elections typically receive more attention, local elections can have a major impact on daily life. Individuals elected to serve as mayors, council members, county officials, or school board members will implement voters’ decisions on ballot issues concerning taxes, school construction, transportation, etc. Depending on your town or city of residence, be aware that you may have many decisions to make.
Back in April, we were one month into a global pandemic, all Loudoun County Public Schools’ (LCPS) buildings were closed for the rest of the school year, and teachers and administrators were trying to figure out how to successfully transition to 100 percent online learning. The Morven Park Center for Civic Impact (MPCCI) team quickly started revising some of our lessons to fit the needs of this new classroom environment so that we could provide assistance to teachers and parents. As a result, over 1,000 students participated in the virtual lessons we offered this spring.
Morven Park will host the Morven Park Fall Horse Trials, offering Novice through Advanced level competition! Registration via EventEntries.com will open on August 18. Morven Park has proudly featured annual horse trials since 1974 and looks forward to welcoming equestrians to compete in dressage, show jumping, and cross-country.
The FEI levels originally scheduled have been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. This would have been the first time a CCI4*-L was offered at Morven Park. Park staff were anticipating a record number of competitors, volunteers, and officials to attend from around the United States and other countries.
I miss date night. I know that may sound petty in a world that has much bigger problems, but date night is a great way to reconnect with the ones we love the most, even when we have been stuck in the house with them since March. Date night can help romantic partners remember how to be romantic. Date night can add giggles to your family when you feel too tired or stressed to giggle.