Guests touring the Davis Mansion will hear stories of the civic and social lives of former Virginia Governor Westmoreland Davis and his wife, Marguerite, during the first half of the 20th century. The Davises’ personal items and extensive collection of arts and antiques acquired during their travels throughout the world are on display as guests pass through living areas that include a lavish entry hall, ornate drawing room, elaborate dining area, grand billiard room, and well-stocked library, as well as an expansive kitchen and charming personal quarters.
Tours of the Davis Mansion are offered Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday each week.
- Tickets are $16. Guests age 18 and under are FREE. Discounts are available to Morven Park Members.
- Tour times are 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. The last tour leaves the Visitor Center at 3:00 p.m.
- Advance online purchase is recommended to secure availability. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Please allow 45 minutes for the guided tour of the mansion.
- All tickets to tour the Davis Mansion include self-guided tour access to the Winmill Carriage Museum and the Museum of Hounds and Hunting of North America.
Visitors must park at the main lot at the intersection of Southern Planter Lane and Governor Davis Lane. Enjoy a 5-10 minute stroll through the historic gardens to reach the Davis Mansion Visitor Center. Handicap parking is available closer to the mansion for all vehicles with handicap permits.
Private tours are available for groups of 16 or more. Reservations are required and can be made by contacting GroupTours@MorvenPark.org or 703.777.2414 ext. 6620. Please note that the mansion is closed during the months of January and February each year.